Because of the huge spike in traffic for this one old post I wanted to find out what had caused such a stir exactly. I followed the visits back to Reddit and found where the post had been shared with others.
I then noticed that the Reddit thread had hundreds of comments on it so I opened them up to take a look. I was appalled and disappointed with my gender. I was also saddened that my message was so grossly misunderstood.
Hundreds of men had made asinine comments sharing their "wisdom" about how to keep women happy. The comments were lewd, sexist, denigrating, and downright offensive. Cami came up behind me as I was reading a few of them and they literally made her feel a bit ill.
How disappointed I was that evening. I, however, stand by what I said in that post and what I firmly believe.
We can all try a little bit harder to positively influence our spouse's happiness.
Can I make another person be happy? Obviously the answer is no. But can I give them more reasons to be happy? As Homer Simpson would say, "duh."
Here are 12 uplifting ways to help your spouse be happier. Another way to say it is, here are 12 ways to prevent a divorce.
- Say "I love you" frequently, at least daily
- Remind them how attractive you find them
- Thank them for something that they normally do
- Offer congratulations for an achievement no matter how small
- Bring them flowers and chocolate (albeit this is most effective on the female gender)
- Send an email or text message letting them know you're thinking about them
- Sincerely smile
- Do something to help them, something that they would have had to do if you hadn't done it
- Take your spouse on a real date, one that you planned ahead of time
- Be intimate, physically but also emotionally and intellectually as well
- Pray for your spouse
- Never use the word divorce. Don't even think it.
Hopefully this post will get shared on Reddit as well but it will have hundreds of complimentary and positive comments.
Have a great day!
Don't miss your chance to get a copy of Uplifting Love: Secrets to Making a Good Marriage Great. This book will not only help you show your husband that you love him it will help you improve your entire marriage!
You think you're happy now, and I'm sure you are, but I challenge you to read Uplifting Love and apply what you learn today to make your marriage awesome! Don't wait another minute, start taking your marriage from good to great today!
Purchase your copy of Uplifting Love: Secrets to Making a Good Marriage Great right now and have it delivered to your inbox immediately! In just a matter of minutes you'll be on your way to having the marriage that your friends and family envy. Don't delay, get your copy today!