On Saturday we began discussing when to hold a "real" Valentine's Day. We went through our calendar of the coming week's activities and realized that it was going to be March before we would have a free evening. Cami was a little disappointed but I tried to console her by telling her that there is always next year. :)
Then on Monday evening after we put the kids to bed I put the rest of my plan into action.
- I moved the couches in the living room to make as much floor space as possible. I even stacked two couches on top of each other! She thought that I was losing my mind; I explained to her that when the boys and I went to see the Lego Movie a couple of weeks ago (by the way, it is awesome!!) the main character built a double-decker couch and I wanted to give it a try.
- I grabbed two little question books that we had started a month or so ago where you each answer questions about the other to see how well you know them. We worked through another thirty or so questions in the books which is always a lot of fun (mostly because I am awesome at it).
- I set up the CD player in the living room and found a CD that one of our friends had made us when we were engaged for me to learn how to dance for our wedding dance that had a bunch of songs that you can waltz to on it.
- After the question book game was over I turned on the music immediately flooding the room with wonderful, exciting, and romantic memories. Then I took my wife in my arms and fumbled around the living room attempting to waltz with her. I knew that this would be her favorite part of the evening because she LOVES to dance and me trying to do something that she loves means the world to her.
- I closed the curtains in the front room and took advantage of the romantic atmosphere.
- We cuddled on the couch (once I had put the couches back on the floor where they are supposed to be).
Despite the delay this year's Valentine's Day celebration was probably one of the most fun we have had in a few years. I love my wife and am grateful for each Valentine's Day where a day is set aside for me to remind her of that.
Don't miss your chance to get a copy of Uplifting Love: Secrets to Making a Good Marriage Great. This book will not only help you show your husband that you love him it will help you improve your entire marriage!
You think you're happy now, and I'm sure you are, but I challenge you to read Uplifting Love and apply what you learn today to make your marriage awesome! Don't wait another minute, start taking your marriage from good to great today!
Purchase your copy of Uplifting Love: Secrets to Making a Good Marriage Great right now and have it delivered to your inbox immediately! In just a matter of minutes you'll be on your way to having the marriage that your friends and family envy. Don't delay, get your copy today!