And I agree with you. I believe in celebrating one holiday at a time. However, when I also believe in preparing for upcoming holidays early. Therefore, this is not a celebratory post about Christmas but rather a preparatory post for Christmas. I want to make sure you can get your spouse the PERFECT gift. And, in my experience, in order to do that you need to give it plenty of thought.
To help you I have prepared two things: a worksheet and a list of places to get Christmas gift ideas. The worksheet will help you identify what kinds of gifts you should be looking at for your spouse, the category if you will. The list places to look for popular and unique gifts should help you think more specifically.
First, the worksheet. It looks a little daunting because it's a couple of pages but most of that is just room for you to write and take notes. Don't worry. You'll be fine.
Second, the list of popular and unique gifts. I spend several hours searching for a few tools and sites that would give you ideas of things to get your spouse. However, these ideas are to be used in conjunction with the answers from your worksheet.
- Amazon.com is like the king of online shopping and they make it increasingly easier for us to find the perfect thing to spend our money on by maintaining and making available to everyone lists of their most popular items and most wished for items. Definitely look at these lists for some great ideas.
- Shcoon.com is a pretty cool site that only has unique (and sometimes bizarre) items for sale. Just beware because the editor of the site is a practical joker and occasionally posts products that don't actually exist (he tells you if you try to buy one).
- Uncommongoods.com is another site that, while not as far out as Shcoon, has interesting items for sale. The other day I found a blueprint of Yankee Stadium. I have friend who would love that.
- BaronBob.com I found just the other day. Again, it's choc-full of unique gift ideas.
- Vat19.com is yet another site. This one seems to specialize in gummy products (like a 2 foot long gummy worm or 5 pound gummy bear). They also create some pretty hilarious product videos to promote their products.
Let me know if you have any questions or need suggestions (especially for gifts for husbands). I'm pretty good at gift giving (I'm sure Cami will chime in in the comments and we'll see if she agrees) and I would love to help you make this Christmas extra special for your spouse. Either leave me a comment and I'll respond (which means you should check the "notify me" box so that you know when I did) or send me an email (tysontcooper at gmail).
Early Merry Christmas!! (make sure you celebrate Halloween and Thanksgiving too!)
Caveat: the links to Amazon.com and Vat19.com are affiliate links and should you decide to purchase something for your spouse through them I will receive a commission and be extremely grateful.