|Photo courtesy of Fotolia|
10 Ways to Keep Your Husband Happy:
- Wear revealing clothing. This was Cami's suggestion.
- Give him a massage. Men often carry a lot of tension and stress in their shoulders and necks. Give your hubby a quick shoulder massage to help him relax. It doesn't have to be long (though if your husband is like me he would prefer it to last forever) because every minute, and the action itself, makes a huge difference.
- Help with yard work. My beautiful wife will sometimes mow part of the lawn for me when I'm having a particularly busy week at work. It is so nice when I get home to see it done and know that she loved me enough that day to put aside some of what she needed to accomplish to help make my life a little easier. I will usually reciprocate by doing something to help her too. It's a win-win.
- Watch an action movie. Chick flicks are great (my brother-in-law calls them cuddle-butt movies) but sometimes they get a little redundant. The occasional action movie breaks up the routine for us.
- Show him you're proud of him. Brag about him (in a way that won't irritate others, of course). Tell him you are proud of him. Remind him of the things he's done and who he is. Thank him for it. He should know that if not to anyone else to you he is AWESOME!
- Make a big deal of his accomplishments. For things like promotions or prestigious assignments he receives at work, special training or courses he completes, or good he does in the neighborhood or community let him know that you love him and support him 100 percent (see also #6).
- Give your husband a chance to talk. Most men don't typically say much. But when we have something to say sometimes we can't say it because the women around us are too busy talking. Learn your husband's "tell" and when you see it be quiet and listen. I think you'll be surprised by what you will hear.
- Vacuum naked. Another one of Cami's suggestions.
- Buy him sweets and snacks. For me it's Doritos. I also like Snickers and ice cream. The old adage remains true today: the way to a man's heart is through his stomach.
- Tell him that you love him. Guys may not be considered "emotional" but we still need to hear that our wives love us. I love it when Cami reminds me that she loves me. Tell him often and tell him emphatically. Never let him forget it.
|Photo courtesy of Microsoft Clip Art|
Keeping we husbands happy can be daunting at times but if you remember that you love us and make sure that we hear it, see it, and know it you'll be successful.
Good luck wives!
Let me know what you would add to my list by leaving a comment. I would love to hear from you!