I purposefully do things to bother Cami because I think her reaction is funny. I don't do malicious things that would hurt her (emotionally or physically), I am careful to read her mood before bothering her (I learned this the hard way), and I (almost always) know where the line is to keep from crossing it.
Here are just a few examples:
- In the past I have poured cups of cold water on her while she is in the shower
- When we were first married I held the camera over the shower curtain and tried to take pictures of her (I did get one picture that while it didn't really show anything inappropriate the face she was making is priceless; I would share it but it has been forbidden)
- I throw decorative pillows at her almost every night (see my last post)
- Frequently I will hide and try to scare her
- I get one or more of the boys to agree with me and gang up on her when we are playfully arguing
- I poke her. She says that she hates being poked, but I know better.
- Early in our marriage I would hang her "unmentionables" around our apartment as decorations
- Sometimes when she leans in to kiss me I lick her. That always makes me smile. :)
I want to make sure that you realize that all of this is done in love and is one of the many ways I make sure that Cami knows I am thinking about her and love her. :)
Also, it is not a one-way street.
Cami has done and/or continues to do the following five things to me (and one bonus one because I like you):
- She cuts the block of cheese weird (I like a nice straight cut on the block)
- I keep a bottle of water in the fridge because I like to drink cold water. She will take a drink and then leave it on the counter to warm up.
- She purposely puts the sheet and the comforter at odds with one another (so that the corners don't even come close to matching up)
- She'll leave crumbs on the counter (she only does this purposefully sometimes, the rest of the time she's doing it out of habit)
- Cami will scrunch up the bathmat while I'm taking a shower so I step out onto the cold tile or onto a balled up bathmat
- And some days she'll call or text me like every 10-15 minutes while I'm at work for an hour or so just to bug me. It works. But I know that she loves me and I would miss it terribly if she ever stopped.
Okay, now that this list is out in the open I realize that it makes me sound a little OCD. Um, I'm not. Well, at least not too much.
The point of all of this teasing? To show each other that we are thinking of the other. Yeah it might be a little weird but it's one of the ways we keep our marriage fun and strong.
What do you do to bother your spouse? What do they do to bother you? I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment.