- Answer the 11 questions your nominator asked you
- Post 11 random facts about yourself
- Give the award to at least five, but no more than 11, other bloggers who have less than 200 followers
- Tell your recipients that they have received the award
- Come up with 11 questions for your recipients to answer
So, in keeping with the tradition here are the answers to...
The 11 questions that Tara asked me:
The 11 questions that Tara asked me:
- Why did you start blogging? The answer is two fold. Primarily because over the years I have noticed that what Cami and I have is special and frequently we are told that our marriage is "different" and people ask us why. Well, now I can refer them to Uplifting Love and they'll be able to learn why to their heart's content. The second reason, though this is significantly less important, is to make a few extra dollars for the family. Ideally Uplifting Love will support itself and provide a few additional dollars to us for the time I put into it. We'll see. :)
- How long have you been blogging? Technically 11 months, however, I didn't really get serious until early February 2013.
- What inspired your blog name? As I pondered over the question posed to us (why are you and Cami different?) by friends and relatives I realized that when I am with Cami I feel like a better person. I know that I am a better person because I am married to her and when we are working together to improve our marriage we feel uplifted. Hence, Uplifting Love. The kind of love that lifts you up, makes you feel happier and more joyful, and brings you closer to Christ.
- What one post are you really proud of that you feel maybe didn't get enough attention? Link it! In late February I read an a reader comment on an article in the Boston Globe talking about how they just didn't know if the marriage should go on; they had been married only five years and weren't sure if their life goals were compatible with their spouse's any more. I was appalled (I still am) and out of frustration and in an attempt to in some small way combat this type of thinking I wrote "You Get Married to Stay Married." Since it was early on and I didn't have much of a readership yet not many people saw it. This is the post that I'm proud of and that didn't get enough attention.
- What book are you reading right now? Actually, this is a little bit embarrassing, my wife gave me a Nicholas Spark's book to read, The Wedding, while I am away from home (I'm on a business trip at the moment). So far I'm really enjoying it (she knows me all too well). :)
- What is your favorite blog to read in the mornings? Honestly, I don't get much time to read blogs in the mornings before work. Typically I don't get to reading blogs until after the children are in bed in the evenings. One of my favorite to read is Happy Wives Club by Fawn Weaver. While it is for wives most of the things she shares are applicable to husbands as well.
- If you could give your younger self a piece of advice, what would it be? Start saving money right away. The sooner you start the more interest you will make. My family would be in a much better financial situation right now if I had started when I was a teenager.
- How many people did you text today? It's morning but despite that I typically only text one or two people a day anyway. Today, only one: my beautiful wife.
- How many social media accounts do you have currently that you are running? Personally, I only have a Facebook account. For Uplifting Love I have: Facebook, BlogLovin, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow me. (hint, hint)
- What is your favorite food? Sandwiches. I love sandwiches, especially sub sandwiches.
- Where would you like to live if you had the chance? I'm not sure. Probably in the area I currently live in but on a 300 acre estate that Cami and I would own. However, we would only spend some of our time there each year because the rest of the time we would be visiting friends and family and on our yacht sailing the oceans.
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I have always wanted to learn karate and to play the piano
- When I was twelve my two best friends and I designed a space ship that we were going to build and command. I was going to be the captain and they were going to be my first and second officers.
- I LOVE Star Trek, not so much the original series but more The Next Generation
- Along with number 3, someday I would like to teach a business management class at a university entitled "Picard's School of Management: Lessons in Leadership"
- My wife and I feel like we should have five kids (we are expecting number four presently) but aren't sure if five is enough (crazy, huh?)
- I don't believe in exercising, however, I am trying to become a convert (not hard core, just enough to jump start my metabolism sufficiently so that I can eat anything and everything again)
- I was awarded my Associate's Degree the week before I received my High School Diploma
- I have been skydiving (9,000 feet!) and would love to do it again, this time with Cami
- My favorite animal is the orca (more commonly known as a killer whale)
- Before my voice changed I could sing like Ariel in The Little Mermaid (I don't admit to this one too often but it is a random fact)
- When the television, a movie, or any kind of video is playing I completely zone out everything else. I have no control over it.
My Nominees to Receive the Liebster Award (in no particular order):
- Jessica @ The Wondering Brain
- Melissa @ A Room For Two With A View
- Beth @ Messy Marriage
- Lisa @ The Courageous Journey
- Meredith @ The Laundry Can Wait
Questions for My Nominees:
- Why did you start blogging?
- When did you start blogging?
- What is your blog about?
- Which post that you've written are you most proud of and why?
- What is your least favorite ice cream and why?
- How many foreign countries have you visited and which was your favorite?
- If you had one million dollars (and didn't have to pay taxes on it; wouldn't that be nice) what would you do with it?
- Who is your favorite relative?
- How many movies do you typically watch each month?
- Why did you fall in love with your spouse?
- How long did it take you to answer these questions?
Thanks again Tara!