- We love each other like crazy
- We tell each other that we love each other dozens of times a day (in fact, often to fill a silence we'll just blurt out "I love you" and the other will respond in like fashion. Sometimes we even compete to see who can say it the most in a day).
- We hold hands
- We kiss (all the time according to our oldest son)
- We hug
- We pray together at least twice a day
- We read scriptures together daily
- We set aside one evening a week to hold "Family Home Evening," a night where we gather as a family and pray, sing some songs, talk about scripture stories, play together, and sometimes eat a treat afterward
- We attend our church services weekly
- We go on dates together, just the two of us
- We laugh together...A LOT
- We talk to each other
- We remind ourselves that our first commitment is to God and our second commitment is to each other
- We NEVER use the word "divorce." I just asked our oldest son, he's five, if he knows what divorce means. He looked at me confused and said "No, why? What does it mean?" If we don't talk about it we don't think about it.
- We keep an eternal perspective. We want to be together forever. No matter what happens today we want to be together tomorrow. Keeping that in mind it's much easier to get through today's troubles with our marriage intact.
Am I worried about the 7 year itch? Nah.
I would love to hear from those of you that have already passed the seven year mark and your experiences. Please share them in the comments!